As I lay here listening to the waves
its as though they've become one with my heart
I feel the sun wrap around me
and hold me together as I'm falling apart.
I'm not attempting to run away
only to escape the thought of you.
To free my head of all the hopes and possibilities
and I thought what was there was true.
I don't know how you've managed to grip me so
I don't understand why I can't walk away...
with so little emotion to hold onto
I feel like I have a better understanding of the bay.
Everything felt so perfect
with so many smiles to show how we felt
I couldn't wait for the next moment I spent next to you
or your kisses that make me melt.
Its all ended so quickly
and now I can't help but wonder if it was all fake
How can you say you honestly want something
As you continue to push it away until it breaks?
The ledge is getting closer
my heart cannot take anymore.
The happiness, the butterflies, the racing heart and wasted love
its all about to be lost to this ocean floor.
I'll return to the emptiness
I'll go back to the search of finding my home
I'll continue to pretend I'm okay as I focus on everyone around me
even though all I want is to be alone.
I believe I'm destined to be heart broken
I've begun to know this pain all too well.
Everythings temporary, it all fades away
Just like the winds powering a sail
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment